Your Privacy and Security
Auto Claims Assist Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We will always treat your personal data with respect and design our products and services with your privacy in mind. This Policy applies to visitors of the Auto Claims Assist Ltd’s website, or any other electronic services or applications offered by Auto Claims Assist Ltd. The Policy also applies to anyone who accesses Auto Claims Assist Ltd’s products and services.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that Auto Claims Assist Ltd collects from you or that you provide to Auto Claims Assist Ltd for processing. Please read the following information carefully to understand Auto Claims Assist Ltd’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how Auto Claims Assist Ltd will handle it.
Who we are
The Data Controller is Auto Claims Assist Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under Company Registration Number Registered number 06852246 and whose registered office address is at 1 Hodge Road, Walkden, Manchester M28 3AU.
Data we collect
All details supplied by you to Auto Claims Assist Ltd will safeguarded both by this Policy and also by relevant Data Protection laws which include the General Data Protection Regulation and any other subsequent Data Protection legislation in force from time to time.
Types of data we may collect
Auto Claims Assist Ltd may collect the following information about you:
- Contact Details
- Vehicle Details
- Accident Circumstance Details
- Third Party Insured Details
- Witness Details
- Physical address and address history
- Driving License details
- NI Number details
- Any other information required by us to provide our services to you
Special category personal data
Examples of special category personal data we may collect include:
- Medical history
- Claims history
- Criminal convictions
We may also indirectly collect other special category personal data during the course of any fraud investigations.
Payment card information is collected over a secure connection and all payment transactions will be encrypted. Payment card information is used solely for the purpose of processing payment for customer damage or fines such as speeding or parking offences. Auto Claims Assist Ltd retains no record of payment card details directly and used a third party hosted payment service compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Call recording and monitoring
We may monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training
- Processing necessary information for entering into or performance of a contract
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and websites
- Ensuring effective systems operation
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of crime
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller
If you have a Telematics Unit, we will use the Unit to capture data including date, time, speed, location and other associated vehicle and driving related information from your vehicle. This information includes:
- Other associated vehicle information
Our Telematics systems normally collect information while your vehicle is being used, and transmit this to us. Instances where the Telematics systems may send real-time data and alerts to us include where a collision or crash is detected, if the device’s tamper alerts are activated, or if it is at your request, for example if your vehicle has been stolen and a Theft Tracking service has been activated.
When data is collected
We may store your information in our databases indefinitely following the termination of your account with us to the maximum extent permitted by law.
We will need to collect your email address to send you communications about how to access and manage your claim.
By submitted personal information to us, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms set out above regarding the use of your personal information.
We will collect your personal data when:
- You make customer enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You register a claim
- You respond to communications or surveys
- We require additional information from you for validation purposes
What we do with your data
All the personal information we hold about you will be processed by our employees who are based in the UK. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and is kept up to date. Where appropriate, personal information will be kept for compliance and monitoring purposes.
How your data is used
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Administering debt recoveries
- Verifying your identity when required
- Undertaking market research, product development and statistical purposes
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information.
There are certain circumstances where we process your personal data for our legitimate business interests. These can be commercial or societal benefits and in order for us to process your data, we will always balance our interests against your own to ensure it is fair.
The following processes rely on legitimate interest:
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Engaging and contacting you throughout the life cycle of your claim to ensure you have a good experience as an Auto Claims Assist customer
- Internally auditing our processes to maintain our high standards
- Sharing data with selected third parties in order to add value to our products
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can telephone us on 0161 7880015, or write to us at Auto Claims Assist Ltd, 1 Hodge Road, Walkden, Manchester, M28 3AU
Retention of your data
Your personal data will be kept for as long as we require it in order to provide you with the agreed services. It will continue to be retained after any account or service has been closed or otherwise come to an end in line with our legal and regulatory requirements, this information is used for reporting within the business.
Where data is processed solely for marketing purposes, any information we use for this purpose will be subject to an opt-in agreement and kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to received marketing information from us.
Where we store your personal data
Once Auto Claims Assist Ltd has received your information, Auto Claims Assist Ltd will use strict procedures and security features to prevent any unauthorized access.
Who has access to your data
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with our legal responsibilities to protect personal information about you.
We take your security seriously and take reasonable steps to protect your information.
Vendors and Partners
We work with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy or user information whilst in their contract such as:
- Third parties involved with the claim, their insurer, solicitor or representative
- Medical teams, the police or other investigators
- Assigned Engineer
- Our Soliciting panel
- Assigned garage that would complete repairs
Confidentiality and disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements.
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or agencies.
- We may outsource selected business activities to trusted third party partners where it isn’t feasible for Auto Claims Assist Ltd to perform the activity directly. Auto Claims Assist Ltd are sure to audit our partners carefully and ensure that they meet our strict Data Protection policies. These companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Under Data Protection legislation, you have several rights regarding the use of your personal data as follows:
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we are processing your personal data, what personal data is being processed and to obtain a copy of that data free of charge.
You have the right to ask us to rectify inaccurate data or complete any incomplete personal data that we hold.
Erasure (The Right to be Forgotten)
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data without delay in certain circumstances. If you request us to erase your personal data, then this means that our business relationship will end as we cannot provide our services without processing your data. Due to legal and regulatory obligations we will need to store your personal data in accordance with our legal requirements but no further processing will take place.
Restriction of Processing and the Right to Object
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances including if you have contested its accuracy and while this is being verified by us, or if you have objected to its processing and while we are considering whether we have legitimate grounds to continue to do so.
Right of Data Portability
You have the right for certain data you have given to us to be provided to you in a structured and commonly used electronic format (for example, a Microsoft Excel file), so that you can move, copy or transfer this data easily to another Data Controller. You may also request that we transmit this data directly to another organisation where it is practical for us to do so.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision solely on automated processing, including profiling. Auto Claims Assist Ltd do not make any decisions about you using automated methods.
How to exercise your rights
If you wish to contact us in respect of any of the Rights described above, please get in touch with Michaela Parry, HR Manager, 1 Hodge Road, Walkden, Manchester M28 3AU, email: email@example.com. We will respond to your request free of charge and usually within one month.
How to complain about the use of your data
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, including in relation to any of the rights outlined above then please contact Michaela Parry, HR Manager, 1 Hodge Road, Walkden, Manchester M28 3AU, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate your concerns.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your data unfairly or unlawfully, you can complain to the Supervisory Authority – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. You can find further information about the ICO and their complaints procedure here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Changes to this policy